![]() |
| Antique Victorian Dresser with Mirror |
SUCCESS! Hunny and I did it. Two large pieces of furniture have been shuffled into new locations in our small COTTAGE. There was huffing and puffing a plenty, but overall we managed pretty well for two peeps in their 70s. I look at this as exercise for the day. There was weight lifting for sure.
The High Boy is sitting in the Tv room polished. After three years in storage, this piece is finally in our HOME. It took us three trips to the storage unit to get all the pieces of the furniture. That's 3 hours of traveling altogether and about 15 minutes to load up the pieces and 30 minutes to unload plus a whole lot of effort to shuffle the pieces into place. Each trip was in the heat of Summer.
Hubs said he'll fill the drawers with his art supplies on Tuesday and I can fill the antique Victorian Dresser drawers full of our family pics as well. What a thrill it is to be as far along as we are. For an old woman struggling to get settled in this tiny COTTAGE, we've made progress.
![]() |
| Our High Boy that's been in storage for three years is HOME. |
I feel like we really made a dent in our downsizing and organizing. Even with so much more to do, my attitude is better. Feeling happier as an individual about being here in this location. I have been overwhelmed at times when thinking about what all needs to be done to bring us up to speed on the property.
Storage is at a premium. We have made serious progress which puts a smile on my face. So pleased this got done. Sooooo pleased.
After the Victorian Dresser with a Mirror was slid into place, the old lamp was placed on the marble top becoming a mood lamp with a flicker bulb. Love it. It looks so nice to me. I stepped back in time for a moment and I know my blood pressure lowered.
![]() |
I'll polish up the piece later. Better to wait until I am more energized.
~d



No comments:
Post a Comment