OFF TO SEE THE DENTIST. Not looking forward to it and yet I am. I have a gnawing ache in lower mouth. I suspect it'll be root canal time? I've got to get around and shampoo my hair and take a bath before appointment. Do a few chores and off I goes.
POT ROAST FOR SUPPER. About 9, I took the pot roast out of the fridge where it has been marinading for two days in white vinegar, garlic sprinkles and onion salt. This morning I knew I needed to get it into the crockpot to start baking.
I start out by covering the bottom of the crockpot container with extra virgin olive oil, sliced onions taking the roast out of the bag I used. I let it bake for an hour on high then add a cup of STRONG COFFEE to bake for another hour. I forgot to add seasoning AND Hubby caught me pouring Avocado oil into the crockpot instead of olive oil. OOPS! Next is spring water (NOT FAUCET) to cover the meat and bake for another hour.
The avocado oil may be one big happy accident. After I realized that avocado oil was used, I added the EVOO. SO we shall see what it does to the flavor.
Time to peel some carrots and potatoes to add to crockpot. Gotta get around and get this done because I need to shampoo my head to get ready for afternoon dental appointment. Time is getting away from me.
🦷🪥🦷🪥🦷🪥💲💵💲💵💲💵💲💵 🦷🪥🦷🪥🦷🪥💲💵💲💵💲💵💲💵🦷🪥🦷🪥🦷🪥💲💵💲💵💲💵💲💵
MANAGED TO GET MY HAIR SHAMPOOED. Aired dried it. We sat in the dentist office and filled out paperwork. Earlier in the week I tried to fill out the questions on my husband's phone and it turned into a mess. The system was defunked. Hubby was first for appointment and I stayed in the lobby.
I couldn't read his body language when he was checking out then he frowned at me as he walked toward me and shared some about the work he was suggested to get done. Conversation would continue in the car later. I was called in and followed the assistant into a smaller room where their stand up x-ray machine was for a full mouth pic.
Some more x-rays were taken as I lie on their reclining exam chair. Mister DENTIST came in and asked some questions. I shared that the lower left side of my mouth was aching off and on. More questions and he began picking around the area comparing with the other side of my mouth.
He said he didn't know what was wrong as everything looked good. Since it was on the lower part of the mouth, I suspected that it would be sinus infection causing the pain if it were on the upper part of the mouth, not the bottom. He agreed, but when I was visiting with Hubby about it he said our HOUSTON FRIEND who's a dentist told him that sinus pressure can cause the lower part of the mouth to ache as well.
When the doc pick around on left side of mouth it was extremely sensitive. He picked about the right side and there was no discomfort, BUT he explained that I needed work done on two pre-existing crowns. Odd, the side of the mouth I went in for to have checked out, hurt when picked on, but he couldn't find anything wrong. The right side of the mouth that seems to be alright is the side he wants to work on.
He mentioned that after I have my teeth cleaned it might help with the pain. Might. We're going to have our teeth cleaned in September. In the mean time, what do I do about the pain? Ibuprofen.
As I was checking out, we were given copies of the expenses for future treatments. Today NO CHARGE. It was covered. Together, our future OUT OF POCKET expenses would be $9009.00 if we have him do the work. God heavens.
I found out that our dental insurance works the opposite way then our medical insurance. Once you hit your deductible on medical, the insurance company starts paying more of the bill. Our dental insurance does it the opposite way, when we use up the $2000 available for dental work then we have to pay out of pocket.
We did not have a clue it worked this way. $9009.oo for services. I don't think we can do this. I am in shock tonight. I have NO words. Hubby has an infection in one of his teeth and the dentist didn't give him an antibiotic. WHAT? I suggest that he go to our regular doc and get an antibiotic for the infection. If you know you have an infection in a tooth, why wouldn't you give an antibiotic??? The dentist said that he wouldn't give the antibiotic until after the tooth is worked on. Sounds to me that he is expecting the tooth to increase in pain and dental work will be needed.
I sat in the car and stewed. THEN, I sat at home and roasted when looking over the papers with the detailed expenses that come with the dentist handiwork. Prayers needed.
In October, we can switch dental insurance. Think we had better and also find a less expensive dentist if there is one. I was wondering if a dentist school would take patients in to work on by their students? They do. It's an option.
~d
No comments:
Post a Comment