Sunday, July 19, 2026

STAYING YOUTHFUL SHUFFLING FURNITURE


SUNDAY.  I woke early for me.  5 is early for me.  I did a few chores then went back to sleep. So in a sense I slept in.  No physical church today.  We had a rather emotional day yesterday concerning a love one which I will not go into at the moment.  Prayers filled the heavens.  

I woke refreshed.

This afternoon we continued to empty the Victorian Dresser drawers full of art supplies so it can be moved from the Tv room to the Living room.  Have mercy...paper is heavy.  

After the Victorian Dresser is moved to her new location, we'll make a trip to the out-of-town storage unit later today and then turn around and do it again.  The High Boy is coming HOME and assembled today.  SO pleased.  Thank you GOD.

Hubby hung a painting of mine as I worked on the bills and correspondences.  I brown wrapped a box going to Iowa for my ill Brother-in-law.  I had a small brown bag that I was able to slip the box in.  Worked really neat instead of using brown craft paper.  This bag form fitted the box like it was designed for it.  I like it when tasks are made easy.  Brown wrapping boxes for the mail isn't one of my favorite things to do.  Tis done and will go to the Post Office in the morning.

Started taking Magnesium Glycinate 200mg supplements this noon.  Studied up on this type and was informed that this is the best type to take when not having a THYROID

  • Magnesium Glycinate: Gentle on the stomach and well-absorbed, suitable for those with sensitive digestive systems.  

    Dietary Sources of Magnesium

    Incorporating magnesium-rich foods into your diet can also be beneficial. Foods high in magnesium include:

    • Leafy green vegetables (e.g., spinach, kale)
    • Nuts and seeds (e.g., almonds, pumpkin seeds)
    • Whole grains (e.g., brown rice, quinoa)
    • Legumes (e.g., black beans, lentils) medicalhealthauthority.com.

    Considerations

    Before starting any magnesium supplement, it is essential to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the appropriate dosage and form based on individual health needs. While magnesium is generally safe, some individuals may experience digestive issues, so starting with a lower dosage is advisable statcarewalkin.com.
    In summary, magnesium can be a valuable addition to the diet of individuals without a gallbladder, supporting digestive health and potentially preventing complications related to gallbladder removal.


    Researching.

    Things I have been researching on the computer are as follows:  What does spending too much time on the computer do to the brain?


    Which magnesium is best for people without a thyroid?  Magnesium Glycinate.


    Long term use of Hydrochlorothiazide raises blood glucose, raises cholesterol, causes electrolyte imbalances, strong link to skin cancer, interacts with how the thyroid levels are doing.  

    Hydrochlorothiazide can indirectly affect thyroid function by lowering magnesium and potassium, which may reduce T3 levels and interfere with thyroid hormone activity.

    Hydrochlorothiazide can cause electrolyte imbalances, hypokalemia, high blood sugar, kidney strain, and increased sensitivity to sunlight.

    Electrolyte Imbalances

    Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic that increases urine output, which can lead to the loss of essential electrolytes such as potassium, sodium, and magnesium. This can result in muscle weakness, cramps, fatigue, irregular heartbeat, and confusion. Severe potassium depletion, known as hypokalemia, is particularly concerning because it can increase the risk of heart arrhythmias and muscle dysfunction GoodRx+3.

    Metabolic Effects

    The medication may also raise blood sugar levels, potentially increasing the risk of hyperglycemia or new-onset diabetes, especially in individuals with preexisting metabolic conditions GoodRx+1. Monitoring blood glucose is recommended for patients on long-term therapy.

    Should have labs done every 3 to 6 months to check blood.


    PAUSE.  Late afternoon came and we unloaded the car that was holding the HIGH BOY DRAWERS.  Found a spot to stack them inside the house.  Drove over to Wamego to find out the restaurant we were planning on eating supper was CLOSED.  Drove over to RAISING CANES in Manhattan.  Got a bottled water and off we went to the out-of-town storage unit to get the bottom half of the High Boy. 


    It slid right into the back of the cruiser and we drove HOME.  It takes longer to drive than it does to load the pieces into the car.  All of about 5 minutes to load.  30 minutes to drive one way HOME.


    Unloaded our baby onto the porch and drove over again to the unit.  I laughed that it only took 5 minutes to load.  When we got HOME, we unloaded the top part of the piece onto the porch. After we get the Victorian Dresser mirror off of the dresser, we'll move the piece into the Living room and vac the carpet where she sat.


    The High Boy will then come into the house's front bedroom where she'll proudly sit.  Hubby can load the drawers full of art supplies.  The piece will need a polishing which I'll do on Monday. Being stored in the storage unit for 3 years has been hard on the furniture.  Pieces start to crack where you don't want them to.  They are dried out and thirsty for moisture.  So I will oblige.  


    After this piece is in place, then the Victorian piece will get her mirror attached and slid into place.  A polishing will take place.  Family pictures will be placed into the drawers and I will REJOICE!  This will be a huge accomplishment for us lil 'ole peeps.  Not bad for a SUNDAY. We're getting our exercise.  Stretch and lift.  Lift and stretch.  Some grunting noises are always made.  What a thrill to be making progress.


    Next trip to the Storage Unit will come this week where we bring HOME a Dinette table with two chairs.  I will rejoice when it is sitting in the Kitchen excited that it finally made it HOME.  I'd like to have it stripped and painted black.


    Pieces will be in place and settled in.

    Sigh. We did it!  

    ~d




No comments:

Blog Archive

DAUGHTER'S PIE CRUST RECIPE

Pie Crust Recipe.
With her permission I share her recipe with you.
BLESS your family, friends and your taste buds with this wonderful crust.

Pie Crust Recipe

1 cup flour
3 heaping tablespoons of shortening
A dash of salt
A tiny bit of ice cold water

Mix ingredients together well.
Roll out on wax paper.
Assemble pie.
Spread a little milk on top of crust before baking.

Simply delicious,
d


DECORATING

I knew a very frugal Lady named Edith that shared with me a excellent guideline for decorating. She said with ease, "If your room has clean ceilings, floors, and walls, and the windows have nice curtains, you'll have an attractive room."



John 3:7

Marvel not that I said unto thee,

Ye must be born again.

King James Version (KJV)

PSALM 118:17

I shall not die,
but live, and declare
the works of the Lord.

PROVERBS 24:3-4

By wisdom
a house is built,
and through understanding

it is established;
through
knowledge

its rooms are filled with rare

and beautiful treasures.



Lilacs On The Prarie

Lilacs On The Prarie

MEMORY VERSE

MEMORY VERSE

SALVATION

Romans 10:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Acts 4:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

PHILIPIANS 4:13

PHILIPIANS 4:13


THANKSGIVING IN THE MOMENT

THANKSGIVING IN THE MOMENT

Total Pageviews

THESE TINY BLESSINGS

HE TOUCHED ME

THESE WORDS CHANGED MY LIFE!

THESE WORDS CHANGED MY LIFE!

ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHILDCARE MOMENTS

ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHILDCARE MOMENTS
CLICK ON PIC TO READ Granny Nanny And A Living Canvas.
"HOME is a wonderful place to LIVE. No matter the size of the rooms, ones HOME is a place to call ones own. I so LOVE my HOME." ~Deanna~

Dining On The Prairie In The Old Stone House

Dining On The Prairie In The Old Stone House
Blue Garland Dishes

Blue Willow Moment On The Prairie

Blue Willow Moment On The Prairie

Why I Decided To Become A Homemaker

Why I Decided To Become A Homemaker
Read All About it Here

PSALM 90:12

SO
TEACH us
to number OUR days,
that we may apply our HEARTS
unto
WISDOM.

HOME HAVEN LILIES ON THE PRAIRIE

HOME HAVEN LILIES ON THE PRAIRIE
LUKE 12: 27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

BLUE RIBBON WINNER MEATLOAF

BLUE RIBBON WINNER MEATLOAF

BLOSSOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED

BLOSSOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED
As long as I live, I will have to continually submit to God's plan for my life. You will be blessed because you turned your life over to God. Be confessing how good God is and tell Him you agree with who He says He is. BELIEVE and watch miracles happen. Be not afraid. ~Deanna

I Love My Husband

I Love My Husband

A Quiet Life

A Quiet Life

FUN FACTS FOR CHANDYS

FUN FACTS FOR CHANDYS
SELECTING THE CORRECT SIZE CHANDY TO USE IN A ROOM MADE EASY. FORMULA MEASUREMENTS: Measure the room's height and width. Add together the numbers. Example: 8' x 10' room is 8 plus 10= 18" Use a 18" wide chandy. OR Take width of room calculating 2" for every foot. Example: 15' wide room. Take 15 times 2 = 30. Room needs 30" wide chandy. Standard distance between the bottom of the chandelier to the top of the table is 30 inches. When hanging the chandelier, make sure to hang it at the proper height. The bottom of a chandelier over a dining table or kitchen island should hang 30 to 32 inches above the top of the table or island. Most rooms call for at least 7 feet of space between the bottom of the chandelier and the floor.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

HOME SWEET HOME

HOME SWEET HOME

WISHES

NO MATTER HOW BADLY YOU WISH with all your might that the something devastating that happened in your life hadn't happened and want so badly to go back in time to prevent it from happening...it isn't humanly possible to do this. You can't change the fact that it happened. IT DID. But JESUS can change the MEANING of what happened to you and give you PEACE. He can show you the way in which you are to go. God richly BLESS you. ~Deanna