Thursday, August 27, 2026

A RECIPE FOR DIVORCE




WELCOME THURSDAY!  Started the day early and felt awful.  Taking LIFE easy as I rest.  So tired.  Pretty sure the traveling caught up with me.  I was too tired to climb back into the car yesterday to travel to Manhattan for a Vitamin B12 injection, but I managed to do so.  Cranky as all get out.  Too tired to be around anyone.  Once I got to Manhattan and got the shot, I relaxed and enjoyed my tea and shopping at HOBBY LOBBY then the grocery store to get more veggies for our week to eat.

Already HL has their CHRISTMAS items for sell at 40% and 50% off.  I purchased ornaments for the Grands under 21 years of age.  I figure that after 21 they don't need ornaments from Granny. Plus the next generation has started so they are receiving FIRST CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS from us.  Then it will be up to their Grandparents to provide these for them if they desire to continue a TRADITION I loved doing each year.  My PARENTS treated my children with ornaments each CHRISTMAS as I did.  

I had hoped to get some more oversized red CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS for the porch, but even at 50% off they were pricey.  A few onion looking ornaments were purchased.  I think I have enough for the porch now.  I can see the porch decorated!  In September the porch needs another serious coat of paint THEN it will be ready in October/November to start hanging lights if we go that route.  

THIS THURSDAY, I stayed HOME over the noon hour with HUBBY out at the storage unit packing up tools from his tool chest that he is moving into our garage, I thought I'd rest up.  It didn't happen.  I am just exhausted from traveling on Tuesday and Wednesday.  After almost three years in storage, the baby tools are coming HOME so we can get our hands on them easier. 

He came in the house sopping wet from working in the heat getting to the tools.  He's napping right now and I'm playing on the computer.  He said he loaded the second cabinet and base of the chest in PETE, our PT CRUISER.  It is wonderful to make it this far.  He'll unload the parts into the garage after his nap.  This is progress for real.

The area in the storage unit where the tool chest was has a hole to fill.  Probably tomorrow, he will take apart the muscle rack that will fill the hole.  To assemble it will take time, some muscle and sweat.  

The CHRISTMAS BOXES I have in our Living room will be transferred to the unit.  This is the start of organizing the DECOR.  I have been thinking about what will go on the porch for CHRISTMAS DECOR.  Newer, oversized ornaments are in storage boxes stacked by the front door ready to go to their new location I re-boxed them a few days ago making progress on how to store them.  Looking good.

The things that will decorate the front porch will be grouped together in the storage unit. Making sense of all this mess will elevate some stress that doesn't need to be in my LIFE.  Lessening STRESS has got to help with high blood pressure. 

I'll have to move in slow-mo getting the other boxes out of the cellar 'cause I'll have to carry them as I climb the steps.  Great exercise.  I know I want to group all the Nativity Scenes together on a metal rack that will be waiting for them in the storage unit.  We have to clean out the entire storage unit first before the tubs can be stored on them.  Perhaps by the end of next week, we will be there.  Getting into September now.  That's a good thing.  Yes, it is.

👰👰👰👰👰👰👰👰

OUR 52nd Wedding Anniversary is fast approaching.  August 31st.  Trying to decide what to do to celebrate.  A good HOME COOKED meal.  Quiet time.  Watching a movie.  Looking at our wedding pictures.  It has been a life time ago we said I do and did.

52 years.  It's been a ride.  I'm ready to forge ahead.  When you are standing at the wedding alter exchanging vows and promises, it would be helpful to have in the wedding vows that you both need to forgive the heartache created while married AND it should also say that forgiveness does not give you the right to be TOXIC and continue being toxic.  Reconciliation cannot take place if both Husband and Wife do not change wrong behavior that's destroying the marriage to better behavior.  It is more than that.  

Simply saying, I'll try harder and then not correcting the wrong, will not create a HAPPY HOME. It is a recipe for divorce.  As the partner being injured by lip service when real change needs to take place or you're going along to get along no matter what, may cause additional emotional issues that injure you even further and destroy your self worth.  A walk down memory lane is not the answer.  Healing may take years to get at.  Years.

Working together for the betterment of the union should be a reality.  Give and take.  Take and give.  Because you are the Wife and the Husband the head, does not mean he gets his way all the time or visa versa with emotional and physical needs ignored.  You are not a door mat.  You are not his Mother either and he's not your Dad.  Neither ONE is a puppet or punching bag. Hopefully, the two of you are a couple partnered as one in a loving relationship of compassion and consideration. ONE.  Being respectful toward each other.  

Hubby is to love, protect, and provide for the Wife.  Wife is to respect her Husband and be a help meet.  Tis easier to do if we do not have hard feelings about being mistreated and abused.  Work together encouraging each other and be evenly yoked where you can flourish.  Amen.

God bless and be real.  
If you do not know what to do when living within a toxic marriage, 
PRAY and ask for wisdom.  You may need professional counseling and support.

If for some reason divorce has to take place,
know that God loves you and will be there for you in your time of need.

Sometimes marriages fall apart and end in divorce.  
Sometimes not, but are horribly difficult to stay in.  

My heart goes out to you,
~d


No comments:

Blog Archive

DAUGHTER'S PIE CRUST RECIPE

Pie Crust Recipe.
With her permission I share her recipe with you.
BLESS your family, friends and your taste buds with this wonderful crust.

Pie Crust Recipe

1 cup flour
3 heaping tablespoons of shortening
A dash of salt
A tiny bit of ice cold water

Mix ingredients together well.
Roll out on wax paper.
Assemble pie.
Spread a little milk on top of crust before baking.

Simply delicious,
d


DECORATING

I knew a very frugal Lady named Edith that shared with me a excellent guideline for decorating. She said with ease, "If your room has clean ceilings, floors, and walls, and the windows have nice curtains, you'll have an attractive room."



John 3:7

Marvel not that I said unto thee,

Ye must be born again.

King James Version (KJV)

PSALM 118:17

I shall not die,
but live, and declare
the works of the Lord.

PROVERBS 24:3-4

By wisdom
a house is built,
and through understanding

it is established;
through
knowledge

its rooms are filled with rare

and beautiful treasures.



Lilacs On The Prarie

Lilacs On The Prarie

MEMORY VERSE

MEMORY VERSE

SALVATION

Romans 10:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Acts 4:12 King James Version (KJV)

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

PHILIPIANS 4:13

PHILIPIANS 4:13


THANKSGIVING IN THE MOMENT

THANKSGIVING IN THE MOMENT

Total Pageviews

THESE TINY BLESSINGS

HE TOUCHED ME

THESE WORDS CHANGED MY LIFE!

THESE WORDS CHANGED MY LIFE!

ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHILDCARE MOMENTS

ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHILDCARE MOMENTS
CLICK ON PIC TO READ Granny Nanny And A Living Canvas.
"HOME is a wonderful place to LIVE. No matter the size of the rooms, ones HOME is a place to call ones own. I so LOVE my HOME." ~Deanna~

Dining On The Prairie In The Old Stone House

Dining On The Prairie In The Old Stone House
Blue Garland Dishes

Blue Willow Moment On The Prairie

Blue Willow Moment On The Prairie

Why I Decided To Become A Homemaker

Why I Decided To Become A Homemaker
Read All About it Here

PSALM 90:12

SO
TEACH us
to number OUR days,
that we may apply our HEARTS
unto
WISDOM.

HOME HAVEN LILIES ON THE PRAIRIE

HOME HAVEN LILIES ON THE PRAIRIE
LUKE 12: 27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

BLUE RIBBON WINNER MEATLOAF

BLUE RIBBON WINNER MEATLOAF

BLOSSOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED

BLOSSOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED
As long as I live, I will have to continually submit to God's plan for my life. You will be blessed because you turned your life over to God. Be confessing how good God is and tell Him you agree with who He says He is. BELIEVE and watch miracles happen. Be not afraid. ~Deanna

I Love My Husband

I Love My Husband

A Quiet Life

A Quiet Life

FUN FACTS FOR CHANDYS

FUN FACTS FOR CHANDYS
SELECTING THE CORRECT SIZE CHANDY TO USE IN A ROOM MADE EASY. FORMULA MEASUREMENTS: Measure the room's height and width. Add together the numbers. Example: 8' x 10' room is 8 plus 10= 18" Use a 18" wide chandy. OR Take width of room calculating 2" for every foot. Example: 15' wide room. Take 15 times 2 = 30. Room needs 30" wide chandy. Standard distance between the bottom of the chandelier to the top of the table is 30 inches. When hanging the chandelier, make sure to hang it at the proper height. The bottom of a chandelier over a dining table or kitchen island should hang 30 to 32 inches above the top of the table or island. Most rooms call for at least 7 feet of space between the bottom of the chandelier and the floor.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

HOME SWEET HOME

HOME SWEET HOME

WISHES

NO MATTER HOW BADLY YOU WISH with all your might that the something devastating that happened in your life hadn't happened and want so badly to go back in time to prevent it from happening...it isn't humanly possible to do this. You can't change the fact that it happened. IT DID. But JESUS can change the MEANING of what happened to you and give you PEACE. He can show you the way in which you are to go. God richly BLESS you. ~Deanna