Proverbs 25:20
As he that taketh away a garment in cold weather, and as vinegar upon nitre,
so is he that singeth songs to an heavy heart.
so is he that singeth songs to an heavy heart.
Hello from Home Haven and welcome to DECORATING ON THE PRAIRIE nestled in the Flint Hills of Kansas!
I'm so thankful to have a Utility Room right in my old stone house. I can't imagine going down to the river and bashing my clothing being washed against a rock on the edge of the river.
Using a Laundry Mat is fresh in my mind from when we used one after moving from the country into the small town we live in now. My sweet hubby redid our Utility Room 4 years ago and I LOVE IT! But doing laundry is doing laundry. Just have to do it and do it well.
While the Utility Room was out of commission, I had to load the car up with baskets of laundry and drive 30 minutes to the Laundry Mat. We did our best to make the outting fun. McDonalds to eat and Starbucks Coffee as a reward for getting the LAUNDRY DONE. I forgot to mention that this particular Laundry Mat was extremely clean and had a HUGE BIG SCREEN TELEVISION TO WATCH WHILE WAITING FOR THE CLOTHES TO FINISH WASHING AND DRYING. This was fun!
May the Utility Area in our homes be a HAPPY PLACE any whoooo.
What do you have in your personal space to brighten your mood when doing laundry? I have a sign over the window and artificial flowers on the window ledge. When I glance at the flowers, they cheer me up. Life is short so I want to enjoy daily chores while I'm doing them!
So this week Decorating on the Prairie is just about a few small items that BRIGHTEN MY DAY.
God bless you!
May your life be Sweet,
~Deanna At Home Haven~
This week this post will be published as part of 32nd issue of THE CHRISTIAN HOME
magazine carnival that is HOSTED and posted on MONDAYS.
Wonderful articles to read.

3 comments:
Oh the joys of living in and around a house thats being remodeled!
We did have fun on the laundry nights and it got done very quickly. Although I much prefer having our own laundry room.
Pleasant reminder that we are making progress!
Hubby
Your laundry area is delightful. I remember the laundry mat days-needless to say I'm thankful for my laundry room! Our landry room is very small so I decorated the outside of it with a piece of antique architecture. Generally, I am happy once I close the laundry room doors and the laundry is done:).
Blessings,
Kim
Very nice laundry room. I love the little touches you've added to the room to make work more pleasant.
Post a Comment