Decorating On The Prairie this week visits old fashion sewing machines without the use of electricity.
Sheer (wo)man-power pedals creations to be.
Hello Beloved.
Welcome to Home Haven.
After we did a major furniture shuffle,
my old sewing machine found a new place to sit in the Family room.
Love having her there.
Wallpapering to take place soooooon!
(Sorry the pics are a bit dark. Not the sewing machines fault.)
One day I will sit and sew on the machine.
One day.
I am the proud owner of this treadle sewing machine. She needs some work done on her so she will properly sew. I am glad to have her in my Home! I use to play on one of these machines when I was a young girl. We'd go to visit one of my Momma's friends that sewed on one and she'd let us kids play on it while the Mommas chatted. I have fond memories of this and wanted a machine like this of my own. God saw fit that I came across one at a fantastic price. We managed to bring her to HOME HAVEN and after months of her sitting in the Dining Room she made her way to the Family Room where natural lighting shines in. I dream of the time I can set there and stitch SOMETHING without electricity. PERSONAL GOAL. Time will tell just when I get this task completed.
I have seen others that have used sewing cabinets as a night stand, plant stand or used as a accent piece in their lovely homes. Museums display them.......but I wanted mine to be beautiful in use and beautiful in rest.
When you are ready to sew, the wooden lid opens up and lies flat for a work station as the sewing machine head gracefully raises into place ready to be used at your command.
Nice way to store appliances.
No noise pollution as you sew away.
Plus you exercise as you creatively sew.
I am the proud owner of this treadle sewing machine. She needs some work done on her so she will properly sew. I am glad to have her in my Home! I use to play on one of these machines when I was a young girl. We'd go to visit one of my Momma's friends that sewed on one and she'd let us kids play on it while the Mommas chatted. I have fond memories of this and wanted a machine like this of my own. God saw fit that I came across one at a fantastic price. We managed to bring her to HOME HAVEN and after months of her sitting in the Dining Room she made her way to the Family Room where natural lighting shines in. I dream of the time I can set there and stitch SOMETHING without electricity. PERSONAL GOAL. Time will tell just when I get this task completed.
I have seen others that have used sewing cabinets as a night stand, plant stand or used as a accent piece in their lovely homes. Museums display them.......but I wanted mine to be beautiful in use and beautiful in rest.
When you are ready to sew, the wooden lid opens up and lies flat for a work station as the sewing machine head gracefully raises into place ready to be used at your command.
Nice way to store appliances.
No noise pollution as you sew away.
Plus you exercise as you creatively sew.
So glad you stopped by.
God bless you,
~Deanna~
Perhaps some day I'll have something as pretty as this quilt
as a project on my sewing machine.
Nice thought.
~Deanna~
1 Thessalonians 4:11 and 12 (NIV translation)
11) Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your own hands, just as we told you,12) so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
On Monday, this post will be published and hosted on another sight as part of THE CHRISTIAN HOME magazine in the DESIGN and DECORATE section. Lots of good info to share.


4 comments:
Hi dear D, Love seeing your treadle because as you know I have an old Singer. I have mine in the entry way and use it for seasonal decorations. My machine is stored downstairs because it currently doesn't work and I love my regular machine. I love hearing you will sew on yours. Have a blessed evening. Hugs, Noreen
Oh I love your olden treasure! What fun and I know that you'll enjoy sewing on it. Thanks for your sweet visit and have a great week!
Dear Deanna,
I love your sweet old sewing machine and hope that you will be sitting at it sewing something pretty.
Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn
Seeing the sewing machine, made me remember the treadle cabinet upstairs hiding in a closet, and the Singer machine head in the garage looking for a home.
Hopefully the two will find each other one day. Then you will have two functioning treadles. :)
Hubby
Post a Comment